Collection of Kapamilya news/videos from the Philippine Star
Abante-tonite, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Journal Online
Pilipino Star, The Freeman, Sun-Star Daily, and all solid Kapamilya blogs.
All videos and photos used here are produced and copyright by their respective owners.
Posting of videos and photos is for blogging purposes only. Read disclaimer below.
Would you like to see your PHOTOS with ABS-CBN stars posted here?
Send them in: topratingblogs(at)gmail (dot) com.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ruffa wants to mediate for Ai Ai and Kris

RUFFA Gutierrez is excited to host the ABS-CBN morning show, "Ruffa and Ai", with Ai Ai de las Alas. "When I was first told I'd do a show with her, akala ko, sitcom," she says. "When I learned it's a talk show, sabi ko, my prayer was answered kasi ipinagdasal ko talagang mabigyan ng ganitong show."

Who's the host she'd like to emulate? "You know, I don't want to lie. I don't really watch talk shows kaya hindi ko alam how Oprah, Tyra Banks or Ellen do it. Noong nasa States pa ko, I only watched Kelly Ripa and Regis Philbin and I like their style kasi chika lang sila nang chika about their own lives. Parang this is us, let's have fun. But now, I think I have to monitor shows like 'The View' so I'll have an idea . Actually, bilib ako kay Tyra Banks sa narating niya from being a model to being a host and owning her own production company. She has really moved forward in life. What's nice lang about 'Ruffa and Ai' is I'd get to show a different side of me. Kasi sa 'The Buzz,' glamorous host ako na showbiz lang ang pinag-uusapan. Sa 'Betty La Fea' naman, people see me as the mataray na Daniella. Now, people will see na I can discuss anything under the sun. I'll be more friendly and accessible."

Won't she clash with Ai Ai? "Sabi nga nila, baka sapawan niya ako. But I don't think this is a case of sapawan but having good teamwork. Siguro, we'd disagree every now and then, kasi boring naman if we'd just agree about everything all the time, di ba? The important thing is we won't lose our respect for each other. E, I've known her naman for a long time. When I started with Aiko Melendez and Carmina Villarroel in 1990 sa '13, 14, 15', she was our yaya in the show. Ngayon nga, niyayaya niya ako to go to the Virgin of Manaoag and I'm asking her naman to go to the Sto. Nino in Cebu so we can pray for the success of our show."

Ruffa just came from a 10-day vacation in L.A. "I felt that before this daily show starts, I have to take a break muna."

Was she there when Chris Brown reportedly mauled Rihanna? "Ay oo. Sinakal daw at kinagat pa. Well, I can relate to her. I really can't understand why some guys have to resort to that. Violence should be a big no-no. Puwede namang mag-usap in a good way. I'll ask Ai nga that we talk about domestic violence in our show."

Is she aware that Kris Aquino, her co-host in "The Buzz", and Ai Ai have a rift? "So I've heard. Well, I'm a peacemaker, so willing naman ako to be a mediator para magbati sila."

What will she do on Valentine's Day now that she remains loveless? "May Valentine naman ako, my two daughters, and everyday is Valentine's Day for us. Siguro, we'll just watch my brother Richard's 'When I Met U'. Everyone's saying maganda raw pero hindi ko pa napapanood, e."

[via]

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< BACK to HOMEPAGE for MORE STORIES