Gary Valenciano: Not retiring but moving on
After 25 years, Gary Valenciano’s energy is still contagious. One can’t help but stomp his feet and groove to the beat the way Gary V does every time he’s on stage. His songs never fail to elicit oohs and aahs. Tonight, televiewers will sing and dance with him as ABS-CBN airs Gary V. Live@25.
Discover more about Mr. Pure Energy as he talks about health, family, career and other interests.
1. Being diabetic, how do you cope with your hectic schedule? (from Liza dela Cruz, Santiago, Isabela)
I have just to set my priorities straight. The schedules can get very hectic but I also have to say no. I’ve learned, because of diabetes, how to say no. I need to rest after a concert. That’s No. 1. Otherwise, I’ll do whatever has to be done but I cannot do it hundred percent.
2. Which of Martin Nievera’s songs do you like most? (from Elsa Salvador, Balintawak, QC)
Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin, You Are My Song, Ikaw Ang Pangarap.
3. In your 25 years in the biz, have you ever thought of retiring? (from Ronald Padlan, Doha, Qatar)
Not retiring but moving on to other venues and other avenues of being able to express myself which I think I’m doing now. I’m editing the concert that’s gonna be shown on Sunday (tonight). Retiring is not part of my vocabulary.
4. Do you approve of Rachelle Ann Go as your son Gab’s girlfriend? (from Migs Santos, Malabon)
(Nods in approval) My son is 20 years old. He’s grown up in a way and I just have to trust the fact that Angeli and I have taught him right when he was young so he’s got to make some decisions on his own. Actually, she’s good for him.
5. Do you and wife Angeli ever fight? Over what? (from Erik Soriano, Caloocan City)
We fight all the time. Angeli and I argue a lot. Tt can be anything. Just regular arguments that come and go. I think every couple goes through that. — Bot Glorioso
6. Is there anything about you that you don’t like? (from Ellyn de Jesus, Tondo, Manila)
A lot of things. Sometimes I have a hard time containing my emotions like when everything is set and suddenly there’s a change of plan. I don’t like being a perfectionist. I like to be someone who is in to the pursuit of excellence. Excellence is perfection — God’s way. In other words, excellence is being at your best regardless of the situation around. Perfection is everything it’s gonna be and I’m learning how to convert that into being a man in pursuit of excellence.
7. Aside from music, what are your other interests? (from Icy Evangelista, Dubai)
It all has to do with health — I love mountain biking. I’ve been biking for five years now. I bike from the house, not exactly from Antipolo, but near the Marikina area to ABS-CBN.
Labels: Gary Valenciano