Collection of Kapamilya news/videos from the Philippine Star
Abante-tonite, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Journal Online
Pilipino Star, The Freeman, Sun-Star Daily, and all solid Kapamilya blogs.
All videos and photos used here are produced and copyright by their respective owners.
Posting of videos and photos is for blogging purposes only. Read disclaimer below.
Would you like to see your PHOTOS with ABS-CBN stars posted here?
Send them in: topratingblogs(at)gmail (dot) com.

Friday, July 03, 2009

Angel Locsin has royal blood

Angel Locsin says she feels honored and flattered that she was personally chosen by Sharon Cuneta to play the Megastar's daughter in Regal's “Mano Po 6: My Mother,” but she says the possibility of her doing it is remote. "I'm under exclusive contract right now with Star Cinema," she adds. "I'm supposed to shoot soon a romance movie with Aga Muhlach to be directed by Cathy Molina and later, another one with Chito Rono."

Doesn't she still have a contract with Regal? "No more. I'm supposed to do eight movies with them, nine na 'yung nagawa ko."

Angel gave a thanksgiving dinner at ABS-CBN's Dolphy Theater for the success of her new soap, “Only You,” which is rating very well. Why does she think viewers embraced her character as a single mom Jillian more warmly than her character as the Huling Bantay in "Lobo"? "Siguro dahil kalilipat ko pa lang nun sa ABS. Also, dark kasi ang material ng ‘Lobo.’ And right now na ang dami nating problema, viewers really prefer siguro something light like 'Only You'. It's also about food, eh mahilig tayong mga Pinoy na kumain kaya nagustuhan din nila ito. At nandun pa yung added factor na naiintriga ang viewers kung kanino ba talaga mapupunta si Jillian, kay Diether Ocampo o kay Sam Milby? But I'm proud of 'Lobo'. Ayan nga nanalo pa ng best drama award sa Banff World TV Festival in Canada."

How's Diet after he collapsed in L.A.? "I was told nakauwi na siya rito. I got really worried when I found out what happened to him. It was Sam who texted me about it."

Is her boyfriend Luis Manzano the "Only You" in her life? "Sa ngayon, siya ang one and only ko. Okay kami, wala kaming pinag-aawayan kasi napakabait niyang tao."

Since she was able to advance several episodes of “Only You,” what did she do when Sam and Diet were in the U.S.? "I went to Mindanao with some friends and we visited an evacuation center in Lanao. Doon ko nakita ang sitwasyon ng innocent civilians affected by the war there. It's an eye-opener for me and I really wish makatulong ako roon. Kawawa sila talaga. In war, there are no winners, except siguro yung mga politikong nakikinabang doon. I'm thinking of something para personal ko silang matulungan."

Jobert Sucaldito revealed that Angel has a grandfather who was once a sultan, but she won't elaborate on this. Does she have any regrets about moving to ABS? "None. When I moved here, I said paninindigan ko ang decision and I'm thankful that inaalagaan talaga ako ng ABS and Star Cinema with good projects. Learning experience for me ang ginawa ko at mas lumakas ang loob ko. I think, in the process, nakuha ko ang respeto ng tao kaya wala akong pinagsisisihan."

[via]

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< BACK to HOMEPAGE for MORE STORIES