Collection of Kapamilya news/videos from the Philippine Star
Abante-tonite, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Journal Online
Pilipino Star, The Freeman, Sun-Star Daily, and all solid Kapamilya blogs.
All videos and photos used here are produced and copyright by their respective owners.
Posting of videos and photos is for blogging purposes only. Read disclaimer below.
Would you like to see your PHOTOS with ABS-CBN stars posted here?
Send them in: topratingblogs(at)gmail (dot) com.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Piolo Pascual latest album

PIOLO Pascual is proud of his latest album under Star Records titled Decades (The Best Love Songs of the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s). For one, it’s his first time to record standard songs.

“I found out it’s nice to sing standards especially after churning out albums which most of the songs are emotional or dramatic. Now, the cuts are easy-listening and relaxed. It’s great,” he said.

Because he is now doing standards, many say he’ll be Richard Poon’s stiff competition and chances are he’ll beat him eventually considering his charisma with the fans.

“Honestly, that’s far from my mind. Richard is a good friend of mine. There’s no rivalry whatsoever. We go to the same church. He even coaches me on how to sing standards better. I’ll always look up to him.”

It’s interesting to note that at first, Piolo didn’t know he had the gift for singing.

“Yes, in fact, when I was still a member of That’s Entertainment, I was always at the back during performances because of my shyness. But after I did some introspection when I stayed in the US for two years, I realized that I was cut for the ‘biz. So when I staged a comeback, I tapped not only my acting but singing skill as well. Now, I’m enjoying it,” he reveals.

His new album highlights popular love songs from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s era. The heartthrob personally chose “ There’s I’ll Be Seeing You,” “Beyond the Sea,” “True Love,” “Are You Lonesome Tonight,” “Can’t Take My Eyes off You,” “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling,” “If I Fell, Strangers in the Night,” “Just the Way You Are,” “Your Song,” “Terminal” and the carrier single, “Babe.”

As the year 2009 is about to end, many are asking about new developments in his love life.

“I don’t want to pressure myself regarding that. It will just come. My priority as of now is my career. I want to savor my peak years in the business. But I won’t deny that there’s someone who inspires me these days,” Piolo sums up.

[via]

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< BACK to HOMEPAGE for MORE STORIES