Collection of Kapamilya news/videos from the Philippine Star
Abante-tonite, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Journal Online
Pilipino Star, The Freeman, Sun-Star Daily, and all solid Kapamilya blogs.
All videos and photos used here are produced and copyright by their respective owners.
Posting of videos and photos is for blogging purposes only. Read disclaimer below.
Would you like to see your PHOTOS with ABS-CBN stars posted here?
Send them in: topratingblogs(at)gmail (dot) com.

Saturday, June 05, 2010

KC Concepcion : I never hated my dad

KC Concepcion's career is doing so well. She’s hosting "The Buzz" and "Simply KC" and now starring with her own dad in the drama, "I'll Be There." How is it working with her dad? "Great," she says. "The day before he left Manila in 1995, he went to see me in a skating competition in Megamall and we had dinner later. He told me he's leaving the next day. I thought, bakasyon lang, babalik din siya agad. I was 10 then and I didn't know it'll take another 10 years bago kami magkita uli when I visited him in the States in the spring of 2005. I stayed with him for 10 days and we tried our best to catch up with each other's lives."

Is the movie's story based on their own experiences? "It's about a father and a daughter na nagkalayo, pero iba ang sitwasyon. In the film, he's the one who returned to Manila at ako’ng naiwan sa States. I play Maxi de la Cerna, a fashion designer in New York. My mom has died at may naiwang land sa province na part ng conjugal property nila ng dad ko. I'm forced to go to Manila to get that property to pay some debts in the U.S. even if I hated my dad so much. Wala namang ganun in real life kasi I never really hated my dad. Ang daming heated confrontation scenes sa movie at walang ganung nangyari sa'min ng papa ko in real life. For a while, I thought nga, baka feelings of recrimination might be awakened in me while we do such scenes, pero wala namang ganung nangyari."

KC is so happy that her mom Sharon Cuneta and her dad will be together with her this Sunday in "Sharon" when they promote the movie there. "I'm really looking forward to it."

[via]

Labels:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< BACK to HOMEPAGE for MORE STORIES